Experience Lvl. 2
I believe what encourages students and teachers to use technology inside the classroom stems from the need for easy accessibility and creating fewer barriers for teacher and student to communicate and understand certain things such as assignments the teacher gives out or needs the student might need to help him/her excel in whatever topic he/she is focusing on. I think having technology in the classroom can be both beneficial and harmful depending on how it's used so there still needs to be clear face to face communication from teacher to student on expectations that come from using these advances.
Within the ISTE Standard, one standard that means a lot to me and I try to emulate as much as possible is the Empowered Learner standard. With this standard, you can expand and grow within other standards. This is the stepping stone to greatness because by being someone who is open to learning and new information you can take on new skills and develop your work into something better and greater than it was before. A standard that seems outside my skill would be that of Innovative Designer because this standard requires the use of other tools to build something else to share with others and I don't think I have too firm a grasp on certain technologies to build something from scratch. It's something I would have to learn before embarking on.
I think the label "digital native" makes a lot of sense for today's youth because these different technologies that have come up over time for older generations have been here since the beginning for us. It is also considered "native" because technology is in a language that is easier for us to understand, therefore it is our "native" language. Teachers I've worked with seem to grasp classroom technology easily but if it ever expands to things such as YouTube they tend to not realize the shortcuts they can take which might be frustrating to watch from time to time. In the future, I think it'll be easier for me to adapt to different technology because it's more of an expansion from my "digital native" rather than something entirely new so I don't think my students and I will encounter too much of a problem.
10+XP
I believe what encourages students and teachers to use technology inside the classroom stems from the need for easy accessibility and creating fewer barriers for teacher and student to communicate and understand certain things such as assignments the teacher gives out or needs the student might need to help him/her excel in whatever topic he/she is focusing on. I think having technology in the classroom can be both beneficial and harmful depending on how it's used so there still needs to be clear face to face communication from teacher to student on expectations that come from using these advances.
Within the ISTE Standard, one standard that means a lot to me and I try to emulate as much as possible is the Empowered Learner standard. With this standard, you can expand and grow within other standards. This is the stepping stone to greatness because by being someone who is open to learning and new information you can take on new skills and develop your work into something better and greater than it was before. A standard that seems outside my skill would be that of Innovative Designer because this standard requires the use of other tools to build something else to share with others and I don't think I have too firm a grasp on certain technologies to build something from scratch. It's something I would have to learn before embarking on.
I think the label "digital native" makes a lot of sense for today's youth because these different technologies that have come up over time for older generations have been here since the beginning for us. It is also considered "native" because technology is in a language that is easier for us to understand, therefore it is our "native" language. Teachers I've worked with seem to grasp classroom technology easily but if it ever expands to things such as YouTube they tend to not realize the shortcuts they can take which might be frustrating to watch from time to time. In the future, I think it'll be easier for me to adapt to different technology because it's more of an expansion from my "digital native" rather than something entirely new so I don't think my students and I will encounter too much of a problem.
10+XP
I love your level 2 and 10+ XP!
ReplyDeleteAnd you are very right: being an empowered learner is the steppingstone of the greatness. The good thing is that, in today, the only thing between you and great learning resources is your motivation. However, it just takes a very long time for someone to be willing to learn and become a empowered learner, although the XPs are just out there!