Experience Lvl. 4

When I teach in a class I think I would be more comfortable in the area on Language Arts, spcifically writing. The reason I woul dbe most comfortable in this area is because it's what I'm currently studying in school and what I enjoy most. The area I would be the least comfortable in or prepared for would be Social Studies. Politics and history are things that have never interested me so I'd have a hard time staying on track and teaching a course like that.

In my educator ToolKit I would defintiely use tools that involved "learning games" similar to Kahoot because I know from a student standpoint that it was something that always got the class excited to compete for the top spot in the class. Along with that, if I was focusing more on the writing standpoint in an English class I would use something like day by day planners for both me and the students to share like making sure to have certain parts of their stories written so we could move forward as a whole unit.

Last week during the Newsletter Assignment there were a few things I had to work out that took awhile like proper formatting for WordArt or how to have a picture and words wrapped around it. Some things came easier to me like making borders and bullet point lists. I still think there's much more I can learn and perfect in Microsofr Word and I'm sure if I keep it up I will be able to create flyers, newsletters, and brochures for performances I might be in in my future or small quips within the pages of the book I'm writing to give specific visuals to my readers.

10+XP

Comments

  1. Yes, everyone has their expertise, but did you think about how various ELA standard statement are associated with teaching writing? Creative writing is the target knowledge domain. ELA standards propose more specific learning objectives or the competency that students should be able to demonstrate. The standards determine the competencies, and the technology listed is simply just an example. Then the question is can you think of any technologies that can facilitate students writing and also demonstrate their ELA competencies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts