Experience Lvl. 5
My experience with Twitter is pretty extensive. When I first made an account I admit I didn't quite understand how to work it nor did I understand the appeal of it. But after some time I became savvier with the application and am now even able to manage more than one account. My early use was slim to none but now that I have a proclivity for it I'm able to interact with accounts that share my interest in film and writing as well as with people who have the best discounts for merchandise I might like. With the career I want to have with acting and writing Twitter is a great platform that allows me to reach several million people all at once. Promotionally it's a great app and it allows for a steady dialogue between me and anyone interested in my work.
The digital divide we are dealing with today, in my experience, isn't as drastic as some might find it to be. Growing up, towards the age of 12 technology like SmartBoards were being introduced into my school's classrooms and our teachers took several seminars on how to use these boards in a way that would help us learn the material best. In high school, we were given Chromebooks during my second year and once again teachers adjusted so that there was an understanding between teacher and student. I feel as though there's more of a divide at home when my parents don't understand how to hook an extension up to the TV or how to fix connection on the computer and I think that divide is there because my parents have no reason to learn how to do these things. If there's no motivation to learn then people won't learn.
Software tools that I think are incredibly necessary for students, in my opinion, are PowerPoint and Quizlet. PowerPoint would be used because it's a way to simplify major points in a quick and easy way for students to grasp. I also find PowerPoint to be less intimidating in terms of lessons because there isn't too much in your face at once and I think that would ease students a lot. Quizlet is another tool I would implement into the classroom because it makes learning so much easier! Students are able to create terms and do different activities on the website that stimulate their brains and help them keep up a repetition to help with memorization. Both of these tools are favorites of mine and I would love to create easier avenues for my students.
10+XP
My experience with Twitter is pretty extensive. When I first made an account I admit I didn't quite understand how to work it nor did I understand the appeal of it. But after some time I became savvier with the application and am now even able to manage more than one account. My early use was slim to none but now that I have a proclivity for it I'm able to interact with accounts that share my interest in film and writing as well as with people who have the best discounts for merchandise I might like. With the career I want to have with acting and writing Twitter is a great platform that allows me to reach several million people all at once. Promotionally it's a great app and it allows for a steady dialogue between me and anyone interested in my work.
The digital divide we are dealing with today, in my experience, isn't as drastic as some might find it to be. Growing up, towards the age of 12 technology like SmartBoards were being introduced into my school's classrooms and our teachers took several seminars on how to use these boards in a way that would help us learn the material best. In high school, we were given Chromebooks during my second year and once again teachers adjusted so that there was an understanding between teacher and student. I feel as though there's more of a divide at home when my parents don't understand how to hook an extension up to the TV or how to fix connection on the computer and I think that divide is there because my parents have no reason to learn how to do these things. If there's no motivation to learn then people won't learn.
Software tools that I think are incredibly necessary for students, in my opinion, are PowerPoint and Quizlet. PowerPoint would be used because it's a way to simplify major points in a quick and easy way for students to grasp. I also find PowerPoint to be less intimidating in terms of lessons because there isn't too much in your face at once and I think that would ease students a lot. Quizlet is another tool I would implement into the classroom because it makes learning so much easier! Students are able to create terms and do different activities on the website that stimulate their brains and help them keep up a repetition to help with memorization. Both of these tools are favorites of mine and I would love to create easier avenues for my students.
10+XP
Have you used Quizlet to create anything before? How was your experience?
ReplyDelete