Experience Lvl. 8

My use of Twitter hasn't been difficult or challenging in any way for me. I think the hardest part just happens to be keeping up with the tweets as well as finding certain things to tweet about. It's easier when I'm on my personal accounts and can talk about whatever I want but the classroom structure has defintiely created some barriers! Still, I enjoy using the app and I do believe it's a great way to get the word about classroom technology out fast and aids in quick responses so there are definteily benefits to the website/app.

Assistive and Adaptive technologies are VERY IMPORTANT!! These technologies can aid a student in navigating a campus or seeing clearer in a classroom or even aiding a person in performing everyday activities like getting out of bed or using the bathroom. I know a kid who used Assistive technology in my high school. He was unable to walk so his mobility came solely from the wheelchair he was using but it had features that made it easier for him to move thoughout the hallways and even got him the opportunity to get on stage for a theater performance and play two roles in the school's production of Sister Act!

The biggest challenege I think I would face if I ever had these technologies in my room would be accomodation for space (if needed) and, if I'm working with younger students, the understanding that these technologies aren't toys or advantages for other students but instead, means taken that place them on the same level. Whatever challeneges presented themselves I'd be glad to tackle them if it meant an easier learning expereience for my students.

10+XP

Comments

Popular Posts